How to Easily Measure the Size of Your Lawn
The fastest and easiest way to measure the area of your lawn is with Google Earth. Not only is it completely free, but it is far more accurate than other tools on the market.
Let me show you step-by-step how to accurately calculate the size of your lawn with your phone or computer.
Step 1: Go to Google Earth
You can either use your computer to view Google Earth or easily download the mobile app through the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- For PC users: Simply go to the Google Earth website
- For Android users: Download the Google Earth App for Android
- For Apple users: Download the Google Earth App for Apple
Once you have the website/app, please open it and wait for it to load up.
Step 2: Enter Your Address
1. Simply click on the magnifying glass
2. Type in your address
3. Click enter
4. You'll now be taken to your property
Step 3: Measure Your Lawn
Now that you've found your property on the map, you can begin measuring!
1. Select the measurement tool shown below
2. Trace a line around your property. Each click will create a new line
3. Once you have successfully traced the perimeter of your lawn, your estimated lawn size will be shown in a little box on the right-hand side.
4. Congratulations! You now know your lawn size!
Now that you know your lawn size, you can take our quiz to find which robot mower will suit your lawn the best!